Name: Mark Rothko
Nationality: American of Russian descent
Style: Abstract Expressionism
Famous Pieces of Art: Rothko's work can be seen in Tate Modern in London and his works were often featured in New York's Contemporary Arts Gallery and Portland's Museum of Art. Rothko became famous particularly for his artworks that depicted rectangles with luminous colours.
Curriculum Map click here
Please click the link to view the 40 recommended Reading Challenge books for Reception.
Thursday 13th - June - School photographer in to take class photographs
Saturday 15th June - Summer Fair
Monday 17th June - Healthy Living Week
Monday 24th June - Last week for after school clubs except for clubs that run on a Monday, they will finish on Monday 8th July.
Tuesday 23rd July - Last day of term 1.30pm finish
This week we will be looking at life cycles. We have received seven caterpillars to look after and watch turn into butterflies over the next few weeks!
This week we will be:
- Watching the caterpillars over the coming weeks and make observations on how they change and grow as they develop into butterflies.
- Finding out facts about caterpillars to write in our very own fact books.
- We will use different media and materials to make our own caterpillars and butterflies.
We will developing the following skills:
- We will be writing our caterpillar fact books including capital letters, full stops and finger spaces.
- We will learn new vocabulary about caterpillars and butterflies, and use this to help us understand how their life cycle progresses.
To reinforce your child’s learning you could:
- Find out your own facts about caterpillars and butterflies to share with your friends.
- Draw your own life cycle of a butterfly, or any other life cycle that you know.
- Go on a mini beast hunt – if it ever stops raining – and draw and label the creatures that you find.
*The Summer Fair is on Saturday 15th June! Please come along to support the school! We will be having a MUFTI day on Friday 14th June in exchange for tombola donations!
*Next week is Healthy Living Week. Throughout the week, the children will take part in different activities all to do with exercise and healthy eating. Children need to come into school in their school PE Kits everyday next week 17th – 21st June!
*PE will take place on a WEDNESDAY. Every child needs to have a full PE kit, including trainers, if they do not have one then they will not be allowed to take part.
*Reading books will be changed on a MONDAY. However please make sure your child’s reading book is in their bag all week so that I can read with them in school!
Thank You! J
Things to remember